Dear Hope: Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Mother’s Day is coming up and I need an idea that my sister and I can do. Last year we just said happy mother’s day and this year we really want to do something. My mom has really been so supportive of us this year and we love her so much. Can you give us an idea?
– Sisters Jess and Jacqueline
Dear Sisters Jess and Jacqueline,
It’s so sweet that you want to show your mom how much you appreciate her. I think for these occasions the best gifts come from the heart. I’m sure you and your sister will come up with something great, but I will give you some ideas to get you thinking.
Come up with something you can perform for her. It might sound weird, but mom’s love to see their kids in action no matter how old they are.
- Write her a letter and read it aloud.
- Sing a song, maybe a duet.
- Put on a little play about her. It could be really funny.
Set up the timer on your camera to get a picture of the two of you and frame it.
- Make your own frame – paint it, add glitter or glue on some gems.
Cook for her.
- Make her a meal, like breakfast or lunch
- Make her fav dessert
Ask her to go on a walk.
- On the walk take turns telling her why you appreciate her.
Thank her for all she has done for you.
- Leave little notes around the house for her to find.
- Fill a jar with kind words.
I think you get the idea. It’s really about finding a way to show her she is loved and you appreciate her being your mom.
Thank you for being brave and sending in your question.