Are You a Scaredy Cat?
The Yellow – Scaredy Cat Glasses
Do you wear scaredy cat glasses?
When you wear scaredy cat glasses, you see the world through your fear. You are afraid to take chances because it seems way too risky. You would rather play it safe than take a chance that potentially won’t work out.
Here are a few ways to tell if you wear scaredy cat glasses:
• You worry about the “what ifs”? What if it doesn’t work out? What if I look stupid? What if I suck? What if I fail? What if I get hurt? The list goes on and on.
• You focus more on your fear than on the potential reward of stepping out of your comfort zone.
• You would rather not try at all than risk it. Better safe than sorry.
• You don’t like to try new things.
• You feel like fear is holding you back from great experiences.
Does any of this sound like you? If it does, take OFF the scaredy cat glasses.
Seeing the world through fear means, you are not seeing things clearly!
Most of the time, amazing things are just beyond your comfort zone.
Here’s the catch: you will never know if you don’t take a chance!
YES, risks can be scary. But they are worth it!
What if the thing you are most afraid of ends up being the thing you are great at.
Your biggest fear could be your passion, your success, your joy!
Whether it works out or not, you will be proud of yourself for stretching your limits and trying.
I am so guilty of wearing these glasses. In reality, I let the glasses wear me. Seeing the world through fear has stopped me from so much. Instead of being bold, I have sat on the sidelines too many times wishing I took the fear glasses off. I don’t want to miss out because of fear.
Everyone has fear. It happens. It doesn’t mean you are weak or not capable of great things. It means you have an opportunity to be bold.
Choose to take chances despite your fears!
Don’t wear those glasses. Don’t let your fear guide you and your choices.
Choose to look at things through a different perspective.
– ttfn G –